Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA


If you had asked me a month ago if I was a fan of India Pale Ales I would have responded with a resounding ‘no’.  If you asked me today I’d say I’ve got a hankerin’ for some of that bitter, citrusy goodness!  Really!  I think I just drooled a little simply thinking about one. Mmmm.

I've seen Dogfish Head beer on tap at a lot of the pubs and bars that I've visited.   The intriguing name invites one to take a sip and sample their wares.

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.  Dogfish Head Brewery is based in MiltonDelaware and gets its name from Dogfish Head, Maine where the brewery’s founder spent his childhood summers.
 






I decided to try one of their beers, basically because I hadn't had too many IPA's and wanted to expand my beer drinking horizons.  If I see something on tap all over the place I get the notion it might be a good place to start.  


So, I got a bottle.  As the beer poured into the glass the bright golden color really caught my attention . . . it was very rich looking . . . very appealing.  The grapefruity aroma as I took my first whiff of the 60 minute was mouthwatering.  

The first taste was equally lip smacking.  The beer is citrusy and as hoppy as I would expect an IPA to be with a bitter finish.  Overall I didn’t think the hoppiness was overpowering and the tart fruit flavors were refreshing.  A very drinkable and yummy beer. 

6% alcohol by volume.




Visit Dogfish Head at their website  or on Facebook 

No comments: